Weekend Recap 02
Happy Monday, friends. We had a crazy busy week into the weekend this time around. Most of the week we were in the city and then back home for a quick camping trip. It was a great weekend, and here’s what we loved:
- Tacos- I mean this could easily make the list every week, but we hit up some new locations in Chicago and I just had to share. Velvet Taco and Fat Baby Tacos. Both are super cool places and their tacos are delicious.
- Netflix Lately- Yes, we are still cruising along with New Girl and loving it. I also started Stranger Things. Why in the world did it take me so long to watch this?! I LOVE it. So excited for Season 2 in October.
- Texting Game- I watched some random youtube video where the people had to try to write long text messages blindfolded. (I think it was for a challenge or something) But, we played it while in the hammock on the camping trip and could not stop giggling.
- Camping Trip- (Blog post coming soon!) We headed to Governor Dodge State Park for a 2 day trip. There was SO much to do. Lake swimming, great hikes, and beautiful rolling hills. We will be back.
- Madison Night Market- the last night market kicked off our weekend on Thursday night. Vendors and live music galore. Dare I say, it may have been too crowded. It went from 6-11 and we went right around 6. I suspect the time to go is later at night. But, we got more tacos (surprise, surprise) and some pecan pie- yum.
- Indoor Plants- I am slowly starting to gather up more succulents for our indoor collection. We also snagged an aloe plant! (Which we all know I’ll need).
- Workout- I am admittedly putting this on the list in the hopes that it will inspire me to actually continue exercising. My motivation stinks. But, Dillon and I went down to our gym and actually had a good workout, so I am going to just try to ride that into the week.
- House on the Rock– This was, well, interesting. It is a retreat/fort/house built into Deer Shelter Rock in the hills of Wisconsin. It’s builder, Alex Jordan, had a vision to build an awe-inspiring place. Now, it is an attraction. We only went to section 1, but sections 2 and 3 take you on a tour of the impressive collection of oddities (music machines, art, doll carousels, tributes to nostalgic items, and so much more). Our section took us on a tour of the actual house that was built. It was bizarre. The dark small rooms and low ceilings and secret rooms made it feel like a fort. To be completely honest, it gave me the creeps. I was happy to get out to the fresh air and light. The infinity room was also super cool, though.
- The Magnolia Story– I only read a few pages of my Mom’s copy, but oh I need it. You bet that it will be my next library request. Come on, Chip and Jo are the best.
We had a great weekend. Busy, but great! Ready to slow it down and get back into the swing of things this week. 🙂