Peanut Butter Cookies
When quiet, slow Sundays roll around, I find myself baking. It’s funny, usually I strongly dislike the kitchen- I am no good at cooking. But, when it comes to baking treats, I feel inspired. Maybe it’s my mother-in-laws insane baking skills that excite me. (For real, check her out. Her cookies are amazing!) This weekend I whipped up some peanut butter cookies (that you know will be gone in a few days). Here was the simple recipe, easy enough for a kitchen noob like me:
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of peanut butter (I went crunchy)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, mix the butter, PB, sugar and eggs (I used a KitchenAid stand mixer), sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together, then add that dry mix in the mixer.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on baking sheets
- Don’t forget to crosshatch with a fork!
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes (until golden), place on cooling rack.
Suggested pairings for peanut butter/ peanut butter cookies:
- Anything chocolate- I mean, come on, this is the greatest combo since Saturday and Sunday. Reese’s knows what the heck is up.
- Bacon- For you foodies out there, peanut butter & bacon is absolutely delicious (And, a perfect excuse to eat these cookies for breakfast). Also, is there anything bacon doesn’t go with?
- Nutella- Like bacon, you could lather just about anything in Nutella and I’d likely love it…these cookies included.
- Pretzels- Pretzels and peanut-butter are one of our favorite late night snacks. Do it. You won’t regret it.
- Riesling- I am not sure if this is an official wine pairing to peanut butter, nor am I any sort of a sommelier, but they tasted really great together, so I thought ya’ll deserve to know.
Hope you enjoy these cookies on a fall day with the people you love. Cheers, friends.