Weekend Recap 16
Full disclosure: we planned on camping this weekend. Last minute, we checked the weather and decided to bag it. All summer, each and every camping trip ended with a thunderstorm, and we decided to give ourselves a break from the muddy morning campsite. We opted for coffee shops and afternoon hikes instead. Here’s our weekend:
- Hiking- Found ourselves again at Devil’s Lake State Park. Still will always be one of our favorites. We hiked a different trail this time though and loved it because it led us through the trees and then well above the tree line. The fall colors were beautiful.
- Demi Lovato- Totally hopped on the bandwagon and watched the Demi Lovato documentary “Simply Complicated” on Youtube. It’s free and is actually quite good.
- InstaPot- Everyone needs one. It’s a pressure cooker that speeds up cooking time. Shredded chicken tacos from prep to plate in all of like thirty minutes.
- Project Linus– We are working on a bunch of service projects at school, and one I am leading is blanket making for Project Linus. They provide these blankets to children in need. It is a great organization and an easy project to be a part of.
- Pumpkin Carving- Some years I really want to handpick pumpkins from a patch, and other years I’m content to pick one up at the grocery store. We went with the latter this year and carved it together before Sunday dinner.
- Baking- It was rainy and gloomy on Sunday, so after mass I made some delicious peanut butter cookies (recipe here). I love baking on Sundays. It is my version of meal prep for the week 🙂
Happy work week!