This was our last weekend at home before we travel for the holidays, so we relaxed for much of it. As much as I love traveling, I think it’s immensely important to be intentional and grateful for our time at home together.
- Lights- On our way back from dinner one night we stopped at Madison’s Christmas lights. We had no idea it was free (but they happily take donations) and actually pretty long. If you’re near Madison, make a quick evening stop for some holiday fun at Olin Park.
- Goulash- A snowy evening just calls for simple comfort foods, so to Pinterest I went. I stumbled across a goulash recipe. This was so easy to make, and the leftovers were even better.
- Holiday Garland- I was inspired by Instagram on this one, but LOVE the way it turned out. This cheery dried orange garland is just what your little Christmas heart desires. Check out the DIY here.
- Christmas Cards- We went with Vistaprint this year for some simple cards. We saved some money this way, but sacrificed the photo quality a bit. Next year, I am saving my pennies for Artifact Uprising cards. (Straight heart eyes for these minimalistic designs.)
- Date Night- We gained an extra date night this weekend because Dillon came home early! So tacos on Friday and Christmas movies on Saturday. These nights don’t need to be extravagant or expensive, they just need to happen. The holiday hustle and bustle leaves little time for relaxing, so make time to cuddle your sweetheart.
Here’s to a happy (and hopefully snowy!) week, friends. Cheers!